Ravendere Retreats Covid-19 Information
Ravendere Retreats is set in a private and secluded 12 acre woodland on the North Devon coast. We offer a socially distanced meet and greet on arrival to answer any questions you may have on the local area and your accommodation, or you are welcome to self check-in if you prefer.
In order to ensure the safety of our guests and team we have completed a detailed Covid-19 risk assessment in line with Government guidance. As a result, we have put in place enhanced cleaning protocols, slight changes to our operational procedures and social distancing measures.
Our guide below should answer any questions you may have relating to Covid-19 but should you wish to discuss anything in more detail, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call on 01271 866 011.
- We will be in touch two weeks before your arrival to share directions, what's provided and suggestions as to what you may wish to bring. We'll attach a copy of our Welcome Guide to your welcome email to ensure you have all the information you may need on walks, activities and dining recommendations.
- We request that if you are showing any symptoms of Covid-19 within 2 weeks of your arrival that you contact us as soon as possible. For more information on symptoms, please visit the NHS website: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
Retreat cleaning & sanitation
Our accommodation is professionally cleaned prior to each booking and we have adapted our cleaning processes to ensure the most effective products and precautions are being taken for the wellbeing of all guests.
Arrival & check-in
- We like to meet our guests in person to show them to the accommodation and answer any questions. However if you prefer you are more than welcome to self-check in - simply let us know ahead of your stay.
- If you would like a personal greeting we are more than happy to meet and greet you and will of course adhere to the prevailing social distancing guidelines at all times.
- Ravendere Retreats supports the official NHS QR code poster system. NHS QR code posters are a quick, simple and secure way for visitors to anonymously register that they've been to a venue. The poster will be on display in the entrance hallway of your accommodation and you are invited to scan the QR code on arrival. This will enable you to receive important public health messages if needed.
During your stay
- We have provided antibacterial hand wash, washing up liquid and surface spray alongside our eco-friendly range.
- We have supplied an alcohol based hand sanitiser which you'll find in the entrance hallway of your accommodation. We ask that you use the hand sanitiser each time you enter your accommodation before thoroughly washing your hands.
- If, during your stay, you begin to show any symptoms of Covid-19, we ask that you inform us straight away. For more information on symptoms and the procedure you will need to follow, please read this NHS poster.
- Please note that if you test positive and are unable to safely return home, you will be liable to cover the cost of your extended stay.
- Check out is by 10:00 on the day of your departure. We ask that you vacate your accommodation promptly by 10:00 to enable our cleaners to complete a thorough deep clean before our next guests arrive.
Impact of any future travel restrictions
We understand that the effects of Covid-19 may continue to impact for some time. We would like to offer the assurance that if we are forced to close due to Covid-19 and cannot honour your booking, we will offer to rearrange your stay or refund you in full.
Should we be open and welcoming guests, but localised travel restrictions prevent you from travelling to us, we will offer to rearrange your stay.
To read our full Covid-19 Policy, please see our Booking Terms and Conditions.